Say something.

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Him

What do I like about you? Anabel once asked me what made you stand out from the rest, and I keep thinking about it. What makes you so special? You're smart and funny, but I have friends that fit under that description and I'm not dating them

Maybe it's the way you look at me, as if there's no one else in the room. The way you say my name. How you can always seem to make me feel better. How one conversation with you can make me forget everything. Our silly fights about nothing. That you listen to everything I say and don't complain that I talk too much. That you give me the space that I need and aren't too clingy. The way you say you love my beautiful smile and that's all you want to see.

If only you weren't so dependent of your mother. If only you made your own decisions and didn't have to ask mommy for everything.