Say something.

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Cheers to a new year!

I have been blessed to reach another year, and not just any year, but a year where many obstacles and challenges are going to be thrown my way. Will I handle them? God only knows, but I hope to do the best that I can.

To be honest, I'm shitting my pants. I have no idea what to expect and the last thing I want to do is disappoint my mom. I don't want my mom to waste any money on my education and I want to be able to achieve everything that I set my mind to. Someday, not too far from now, I will be a Nutritionist and I will help kids establish a healthy relationship with their food. My goal is to help those less fortunate in underprivileged nations and hope that their hygiene and environment one day becomes safe for them to have a somewhat stable home.

With the new year here, which I'm speechless because it took me by surprise, I'm going to start a list and actually go through with it.

Here's some of the things I have in mind so far:
  1. Have God in my heart above all and let him lead my life
  2. Lead a healthy lifestyle (aka eat healthier, workout, etc)
  3. Have a stronger relationship with my mom
  4. Have a tighter bond with my sisters and family
  5. Put more value, love and time into my friendships
  6. Fight for what matters to me
  7. Get as many scholarships as I can
  8. Focus on school and pass all my AP exams
  9. Have a nice, inexpensive trip with my mom
  10. Travel to NYC with Ana
  11. Route 66 with Diana
  12. Have a great start to my first year in college (ahhhh!!!)
  13. Always remember to be myself and keep in mind my goals
  14. Stop all of the fighting and hate I have towards those certain individuals
  15. Go to Nicaragua at least for a week to visit my family on both sides (especially Mama Aurita)
  16. Start baking healthier desserts and maybe start sewing again?
  17. More me time (bubble baths! ^.^)

Those are some of the things I plan on reaching this year. More than anything I want to spend time with my grandma's, my mom and reach a whole new level with God.

May this year be the best one so far. May this year bring many love, peace, and happiness to not only my heart and soul, but to my family and those around me.