Say something.

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Breathe. Hold your tongue.

I came home from the gym today and I was already mad. Before I left, my stepsiter was cleaning the bathroom when it was clearly my turn this week. Now, I know that sounds ridiculous, why should I be mad? But the thing is that if the situation were reversed and I would have been the one cleaning it then they would have thrown a hissy fit about how I'm careless and irresponsible.
Anyways, when I came home, my stepdad started talking about how they didn't like almond milk and that they only drink 1%. FUCK YOU. Why? Because before when I wanted to drink 1% or something else he would always says "drink what we have and stop complaining, we ain't rich" yada yada yada.

Something stopped me from saying anything, though. I remembered what someone told me, "Learn how to pick your battles. Sometimes the best thing is to keep your mouth shut. Don't fight for something useless, and when the time comes, fight for something that really matters", more or less something like that. Then, I remembered who it was that had told me that: Mr. Barnett, yesterday at the Fairchild challenge (which I have to update on). Well, he didn't directly say it to me, but subconsciously it stayed. He's right.