Say something.

Saturday, March 3, 2012

Coincidence vs Fate

That unexpected look, that unexpected meeting between two individuals, that moment where everything aligns and for one second you believe it was meant to be....or was it?

I went to the beach yesterday with Alyssa and Roxanne after school and it was super relaxing. I had so much fun and just having unforced conversation and laughter with two girls that don't ask much out of life. I got to thinking about this whole coincidence and fate thing and I asked them what they thought. There responses were: "Sometimes it's coincidence, sometimes it's fate".

But how do you know? When a moment comes and you think it was fate, what if it really was only coincidence and nothing more? A simple meeting between two strangers, and two strangers you'll stay?

Alyssa told me her uncle's story. He was born in Germany and then came to the U.S. and graduated