Say something.

Monday, December 19, 2011

I started watching Being Erica again right from where I left off: Season 3. This season is about all the changes she goes through and episode 2 was about Erica breaking up with Ethan. Three weeks after her breakup, she still felt bad about it all and wanted to avoid the pain. Claire, the girl that married Ethan a long time ago, avoided the pain. She kept delaying it until she couldn't anymore and it ended in a nasty divorce. As much as she wanted it to work, it didn't. The lesson of the episode was that breakups are never easy, especially when you're not only losing a lover but also a friend. It's going to hurt, it's going to be painful, but in the end what you did is where you want to be. I can't go back on my decision, because as much as I want us to be meant for each other its not going to happen. I can want us to be friends, but thats not going to happen anytime soon. All I can do is nothing. I'm not going to avoid the pain anymore, I'm not going to set a time limit for when I can stop being sad because that isn't how things work. I'm going to stay here and move on until time eventually takes the pain away.

Thank you, Erica, for being there for me.