Say something.

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

sweet sixteen?

 

I don’t know who to unwind with so I guess I’ll just blog about it.

This has been the weirdest birthday EVER. Usually (within my family), everyone seems to forget that something happens on April 20th. Or they call at a certain time of the day where they KNOW I’m not gonna answer so the call can go straight to voicemail and avoid a 2 minute conversation with me.

But this year? My uncle Pablo called TWO days before my birthday, sent me TWO texts today and called me FIVE times before I finally answered. How is it weird? He called me last year on the 25th “thinking” it was the 20th and said Happy birthday..OH, and at my birthday party he said he had my birthday present “at home” so he’d' give it to me later. Apparently, he still remembered so he’s gonna give it to me later on.

My uncle Miguel, which I love but I’m not so close to, called me a day BEFORE my birthday and called me at a time which I DO answer phone calls…strange..

My aunt which has been completely ignoring me for the past few months decided to leave me a tender voicemail. I thought she didn’t care so I didn’t call her for her birthday yesterday. Ooops.

My uncle, who hates me and never hides it, called me today nonstop til i picked up and said he wanted to come “visit” me and was “dissapointed” that he I wasn’t doing anything today.

This could go on but I’m not gonna write a 5-page essay.

THE POINT OF THE STORY: No ones ever cared that much. EVER. I’ve always tried hard to gain my family’s respect and try to be somebody, to not feel like an outsider but nothing ever worked. The year I stop trying and just stop caring they decide to care. I just don’t get it. Why now? Why all of a sudden?