Say something.

Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Come home

I want to go on a picnic. I want to lay on a blanket and watch the clouds drift by me. I want to feel the sun kiss my face. I want to feel the grass tickle my toes...

Then I'll go on a hike. I'll explore through the trees. I'll listen carefully to the songs of the birds. I'll look up and wonder how the trees got so tall. I'll stop and hear my heartbeat and feel in sync with everything around me.

I'll be hungry after all of that, so I'll go to the nearest pancake or waffle house and drown in pancakes and maple syrup. Or a bacon burger.

I'll watch the stars after that and pretend I know where the big dipper is. I'll stare at the moon and it's beautiful face. I'll wonder how lucky the stars might feel to be around such a lovely sight.

In all those moments, I hope I get to share them with you.

Wherever you are right now, I hope you're more than okay. I hope you're full of joy and full of wonder, just as I am.

I lose patience sometimes, and sometimes I'm okay. But right now...I wish you were here. I wish we could share a cup of coffee and watch some House. I wish we could talk about vacuum cleaners, vegetable steamers and how Asian curry is just never going to cut it.

I miss you. Come home.