Say something.

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Times are a changin'

My uncle has this old-fashioned idea that guys are supposed to play they role just as much as girls play there role. For example, guys can be man whores and change a car's oil, while a girl has to be prim and proper and have dinner ready. Some of his thoughts have changed over time (I mean, the guy did teach me how to drive stick, sort of lol) but his roots are still there.

I'm bringing this up because he mentioned this when we were talking about Jose, my ex-boyfriend. Yes, I'm single now. Been single for over a week! I haven't cried much, not like with Casey anyway, but it has been...different. Not in a good or bad way, just different. I'm still trying to get used to the whole college lifestyle and it can get overwhelming sometimes, especially since I wanna do so much, but I know I'll get the hang of it soon. I just need to work on my time management and my priorities.

Why did I break up with Jose? Because everyone was right: you can't get to know someone for two weeks. My romance heated up in a matter of seconds, and just as it heat up, it heated away. I can't forget how perfect it felt and it seemed, but usually when something is too good to be true it usually is. I realized that he wasn't what I thought he was. Not just that, but that he was exactly what I was afraid of. I grew close to him so easily, but I guess I was just expecting too much from him. I will continue to say that the hardest thing I will ever do is give someone my all. It did feel right at one point, but I couldn't picture us doing anything but sitting on a couch watching tv. I want more than that, and there's nothing wrong with wanting more. Things will work for the best so I'm not worried about that. God has me covered :-)

God. Dad. I feel so far away from you lately. It's late and it's cold and I've stayed out for too long, I'm sorry I don't know why I'm so stubborn, but I'm coming back inside.

Christmas is coming!!!!! Fall is nearby! Times are a changin'.