Say something.

Saturday, October 31, 2015

Feeling all types of way

It was a world I never knew.

I had no idea.

The art. The passion. The love.

Geez. Why doesn't everyone know? How could I have been so blind?

As I walked in today to Michael's Genuine for the first time, I looked around and saw a packed restaurant. But quickly my focus was elsewhere--the food runners, the bartender, the pastry chef and the chef de cuisine...as I walked in to the kitchen, I looked everywhere trying to soak in as much as I could in five seconds before someone directed me to what I was looking for. In those five seconds, I felt all the passion, desire, ambition, creativity and love from everyone like I'd never imagine feeling. Even now, three hours later, my heart is still racing and I know that this is where I belong. 

I was nervous to start culinary school and worried about what others might think or say; but worse, I put myself down for taking this route, because I saw it as something inferior. I was so wrong. I waned to hand shake all the people involved in executing the meal, the crazies behind the meal. I noticed faces from the website where they mentioned the chefs that were working day and night to make sure everything ran smoothly. I was fan-girling and they were the celebrities. I felt unworthy to be walking and talking to them. Like, I'm nobody why are you smiling at me so much!!!


Today was my first day at Ella's and I can't wait to see where this new beginning takes me. I can't thank God enough for all the love, Jesus Christ I love you so much. Please never let me lose sight of you. And Alina, wow...she really didn't have to offer me this position, and she did.

Here's to feeling all the feels forever.