Say something.

Thursday, September 22, 2011

It’s been awhile and I should update

Let’s start with last weekend, Saturday to be exact.

September 17th : My cousin Leyla from my dad’s side was visiting from Nicaragua and she was only in Miami for a few days. My dad called my mom and asked her if we could meet up because she wanted to see me, it had probably been more than 5 years since the last time we saw each other. That day, things got complicated and my mom and I ended up going to Dolphin mall at around 8ish at night. I was kind of nervous, but a little anxious at the same time, because I hadn’t seen my dad in a long time. He hasn’t called me or anything to make sure I’m alright and whether I need anything. But he’s still my dad and I wanted to see him. He didn’t show up. Ever. He dropped off Leylita with his ex-wife, or whatever this lady is, and he was nowhere to be seen. I was so upset. How can he not show up? Its not like we see each other every weekend or talk on the phone. Its not like we keep in touch, so why did he not show up? Why doesn’t he care? It really hurt me. Another thing that hurt me was that my own boyfriend didn’t even bother to ask how it had gone. A whole day of communicating as if we were strangers, and not a single time did he call me or even ask me how it had gone the night before when he KNEW I had gone to see my dad and he KNOWS how much it would have meant to me. I talked to him about it on Monday at school and Monday night over the phone. We sort of patched things up, that wasn’t the only thing that had been on my mind.

September 20: My one month anniversary :3 We said our “congrats” and said our good nights a few minutes after midnight. I honestly didn’t think it was a big deal since it was our first month, not like it was our first year or something, so I didn’t get him anything. That day I had made myself two sandwiches cause they were so good and I hate being sleepy and hungry in school. When I see Casey walking up to me, he had a box of chocolates and a card in his hand: for me. I was like whaaaa..you shouldn’t have. Really, cause I didn’t. I improvised and was like “aw, well I made you a sandwich…:)” Ooops. After school his mom took us to the movies and we went to see Lion King in 3D and then he wanted me to get a bite to eat but I don’t like wasting his money, he’d already done so much. We ended up going to Starbucks and I got a double chocolately chip and he got a strawberries n cream thing. It was toooo good. Then we played patty-cake and then he took me home and good night kisses :*

My stepdad comes back today. I was supposed to go pick up Yoel at 1 (today’s early release day) and then take us to taco bell and have the 5 dollar box. Then I was supposed to visit my turkeys and pick him up. My bus driver picked us up really late and school, my mom chickened out and didn’t want me to go anymore and that she would pick him up and that means no taco bell for me :(

I hate that she doesn’t trust my driving. I know that she’s worried about the other drivers, BUT WHAT ABOUT ME? A lot of my friends have a car and how come I  can’t be trusted?!